by Posted on November 30, -0001
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
Salary: $120,000.00 to $175,000.00 /year
- Transmission Engineer – (LOS focus) Design, develop, plan, integrate and maintain tactical network Line-Of-Site (LOS) communications networks.
- Gather requirements from User, Operational Need Statements (ONS) and Capability Production Documents (CPD) for Army’s tactical communications systems and translate requirements into technical solutions that are standards-based and cost-efficient.
- Involves understanding user requirements, architecture compliance, key elements, issues and mechanical aspects of the Tactical Network transmission systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of current force/future C4ISR networks.
- Primarily responsible for LOS transmission aspects of the Tactical Network architecture, including implementation of the physical and link layers. This includes all terrestrial line-of-sight systems such as High Capacity LOS (HCLOS), High-Bandwidth Networking Waveform (HNW), secure wireless LAN, and new developments.
- Serve as subject matter expert in all aspects of transmission, to include electronic protection, modulation and coding, link budgets, radio frequency equipment, antennas, waveforms, blockage mitigation, and other algorithms/protocols.
- Provide support to other program areas including system acceptance tests, cost assessments on areas related to transmission, and regulatory certification procedures for new or updating existing programs – for example, DD-1494 process, Authorization to Operate (ATO) process, etc.
- Support technology insertion testing relative to emerging Tactical Network requirements and capabilities.
- Knowledge of Converged Ethernet Over IP (EOIP) network
- Provide technical expertise at field locations as needed.
Travel required: 20%
- The ideal candidate has at least 10 years of experience and possesses a BS in Engineering or equivalent.
Go to all jobs