by Posted on November 30, -0001
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
We need impact players who are forward thinking, innovative, and who can pound coffee to tackle the job. Position requirements include extensive experience as a Database Engineer, understanding of current database management system releases, and ability to evaluate projects needs and allocate resources.
What you’ll need
- At least ten (6) years’ experience as a Database Engineer
- Experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL, NoSQL
- Experience developing relational database software and experience with one or more relational database products
- Demonstrated experience in requirements analysis and software development
- Demonstrated experience in installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, problem diagnosis, and resolution
- Understanding of the current database management system releases
- Demonstrated database engineering and architecture skills
- Experience in data modeling for physical and logical models
- Demonstrated ability to document processes
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate project needs and allocate resources
- Understanding of operating system platforms and knowledge in programming language
- Knowledge and experience with procedural language (PL/SQL)
- Ability to build, recover, and administer servers
- Basic understanding of Network Packet Capture and SNMP log capture of network devices.
Additional desired skills:
- Experience with Modeling & Simulation tools is a bonus.
- Network Engineering experience.
- Knowledge of Army C4ISR technologies and operations is a bonus;
Why Ad hoc Research Associates?
- Challenging careers across a wide spectrum of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber Security, Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance (C5ISR) technologies.
- Protégé/Mentoring opportunities with leading subject matter experts and rising future talent. One Team – a collaborative environment offering opportunities to work in direct support of our customers and industry partners.
- Competitive salaries combined with a Best-of-Breed Benefits package including paid holidays, paid leave, 401K, Health, Dental & Vision plans, STD/LTD, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Education/Tuition Assistance, Flexible Spending Account, direct deposit, & more.
- Having some fun!
Go to all jobs