Fort Bliss, TX 79918
Information System Security Officer (ISSO) Job Description:
The ISSO is the individual responsible to the ISSM, information owner, and System Owner for ensuring the appropriate operational security posture is maintained for information systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The ISSO will be responsible for several enclaves with the following tasks for each enclave.
The ISSO is responsible in understanding the policies, procedures, and controls required to protect IT infrastructure and data and will be able to apply and assess technical, operational, and/or administrative security controls as mandated by Departmental/Risk Management Implementation Plans (RMIPs) standards. Additionally ISSO responsibilities extend to:
· Ensures that the system has a current ATO/Interim authority to connect.
· Researching and addressing information security issues as required to complete Risk Management Framework (RMF) packets.
· Creating and updating RMF documentation i.e. System Security Plans (SSP), contingency plan, control family policies, etc. as needed.
· Developing Risk Assessment plans and completing risk assessments as needed in eMASS.
· Drafts, reviews, updates and publishes Plans of Action and Milestones (POAM) to address non-compliant items. Develop mitigation strategies moving forward.
· Developing, maintaining, and communicating consolidated risk management activities and deliverables calendar to meet deadlines. Evaluate schedule as needed to avoid delays in the ATO process.
· Conducting meetings with the IT team to gather documentation and evidence about their control environment.
· Brief other members of the team and share information as needed to gather artifacts for submission into eMASS
· Develops Risk Assessment plan and completes risk assessment tab as needed in eMASS.
Qualifications (Education and /or Experience):
A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or mathematics strongly preferred.
Experience in IT or cybersecurity (5-10 years). CISSO, CISSP, or CISM preferred.
Experience with network administration.
Experience with Linux and Windows
Analytical and technical skills
Fort Bliss, Texas.