Augusta, GA 30905
Ad hoc Research is looking for a Senior System Administrator RHN-E for the Cyber Battle Lab (CBL) program. The mission of the CBL is to provide overall direction, oversight, vertical and horizontal integration of CO, DODIN-A, and EW activities focused on the development of a Multi-Domain Operations (MDO) Force (2028 – 2035) for the Army as defined by the Army Modernization Strategy (AMS), guided by the Annual Mission Guidance (AMG), and sanctioned by the AFC.
The role is located at Fort Gordon, Georgia.
• Security Clearance: obtain and maintain TS with SCI eligibility.
• IAWF / CSWF: DoD 8570.01 / DoD 8140 IAT Level II.
• Certification & Training, Baseline, day 1: IAT Level II, per DISA at https://cyber.mil.
• Certification & Training, CE, day 1: Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Server.
• Certification & Training, CE, within 6 months: (1) either VMWare certification VCPS-DCV; or Udemy training certification VMware ESX and VSphere Admin Tutorial; or ITU training certification VMware vSphere VCP 5.5; (2) HBSS 201 training approved by the CBL IAM or COR; (3) HBSS 301 training approved by the CBL IAM or COR; and (4) ACAS training approved by the CBL IAM or COR.
• Experience: minimum of five (5) years’ experience or equivalent administrating networks and systems, worked directly in the career field during five (5) of the preceding eight (8) years
• Proficiencies: possess advanced IT administrator skills in remote administration, remote desktop, Group Policy Object (GPO) management, system backup and recovery, and monitor servers for performance evaluation and optimization; possess advanced skills in datacenter management, Cloud Services, virtualization, storage area networks (SANs), data/system backups, and asset management; expert remote troubleshooting and customer service skills; skill in managing & operating vulnerability scanning tools (e.g. ACAS) and host-based security tools (e.g. HBSS).
Must be an effective communicator both verbally and in writing. Most positions require ability to work on a desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time. Computer activities include reading, reviewing and analyzing information, as well as providing recommendations, summaries, and reports in written or verbal format. Additionally, positions require ability to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; as well as speak and hear.
Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local law.