Augusta, GA 30905
Ad hoc Research is looking for a Host Based Security System Administrator for the Cyber Battle Lab (CBL) program. The mission of the CBL is to provide overall direction, oversight, vertical and horizontal integration of CO, DODIN-A, and EW activities focused on the development of a Multi-Domain Operations (MDO) Force (2028 – 2035) for the Army as defined by the Army Modernization Strategy (AMS), guided by the Annual Mission Guidance (AMG), and sanctioned by the AFC.
The role will be located at Fort Gordon, Georgia.
- Security Clearance: obtain and maintain TS with SCI eligibility. IAWF / CSWF: DoD 8570.01 / DoD 8140 IAT Level II.
- Certification & Training, Baseline, day 1: IAT Level II, per DISA at https://cyber.mil.
- Certification & Training, CE, day 1: all CMEs must have Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Server;
- Experience: a minimum of five (5) years’ experience administrating networks and systems, worked directly in the career field during five (5) of the preceding eight (8) years.
- NetApp experience desired
- Proficiencies: must have a solid understanding of Microsoft server & workstation operating systems and networking;
- familiarity with Unix/Linux operating systems preferred;
- advanced IT administrator skills in remote administration, remote desktop, Group Policy Object (GPO) management, system backup and recovery, and monitor servers for performance evaluation and optimization;
- advanced IT Administrator skills in Collaboration Services, e.g., Chat Services, SharePoint Portal, Electronic Email (Exchange) Server; advanced skills in datacenter management, Cloud Services, virtualization, storage area networks (SANs), data/system backups, and asset management; and
- expert remote troubleshooting and customer service skills
- Computer Skills:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint).
IDS’s competitive benefit package starts you off out on the right foot. Eligibility begins day one.
- Health and Well-being – 100% of employee medical and other insurance premiums are paid by IDS.
- Financial Future – 401(k) with an industry leading match and no waiting period. You are fully vested in all contributions from the start.
- Paid Leave – Generous time off accruals for you to take paid leave, totaling five weeks.
- Professional Development – networking opportunities, informal mentoring, education reimbursement and access to thousands of online professional development resources.
- Casual, fun, and supportive work environment with all the tools and amenities you need to thrive.
Must be an effective communicator both verbally and in writing. Most positions require ability to work on a desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time. Computer activities include reading, reviewing and analyzing information, as well as providing recommendations, summaries, and reports in written or verbal format. Additionally, positions require ability to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; as well as speak and hear.
Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local law.