Fort Belvoir, VA 22060
Systems Engineer (Level II) – Program Executive Office (PEO) Soldier Headquarters (HQ)
Location: Fort Belvoir, VA
Salary: Commensurate with experience/education
Announcement Date: Immediate
Travel Percentage: Domestic travel on a semi-annual basis may be required
Security Clearance: SECRET
PEO Soldier has identified a need for an on-site contractor systems engineer providing Science and Technology (S&T) management and operational support to the PEO Soldier Engineering Directorate. The position will focus on maturing our linkage and alignment of S&T efforts to the PEO Soldier acquisition programs and products. A demonstrated knowledge of the Army’s S&T processes is crucial. Additional work will be in support of our Close Combat Integration Enterprise (CCIE) initiatives for the Cross Functional Teams (CFT) within the Army Futures Command (AFC).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Exercise oversight of and support for PEO Soldier participation in CCIE related S&T activities and processes among other CCIE organizations.
- Support development and subsequent improvement of management process and tools which link and align the PEO Soldier PM S&T project portfolios into a CCIE technology road map.
- Coordinate identification, validation and publication of PEO Soldier technology shortfalls, as well as timely production of PEO Soldier technology agreements with S&T organizations.
- Participate in S&T project in process reviews for critical program technology elements, providing an independent assessment of programmatic risks and risk mitigation strategies to the Engineering Director.
- Active engagement and coordination with other CCIE elements within Army S&T labs, Combat Capabilities Development Commands (CCDC), CFTs, AFC, the medical community, Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC), ASA(ALT), sister services and Other Government Agencies (OGAs).
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications & Qualifications
- Recent experience within Department of Army S&T organization (Desired)
- Systems Engineering experience (Desired)
- Ability to network both internally and externally within the Close Combat Integration Enterprise (Desired)
- Demonstrated strong communications skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated ability to work under general direction often under short time suspenses (Desired)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Required) and use of relational databases (Desired)
- Lean Six Sigma or other Continuous Process Improvement training (Desired)