Fort Bliss, TX
The SharePoint developer/administrator is responsible for providing technical support for the SharePoint portal environment that supports the Army Customers day-to-day operations as well as exercise support for Operational Test exercises. There are 17 major sites on the customer SharePoint portal. Operational and exercise tasks include, but are not limited to, portal software development and maintenance functions and portal administration functions.
Army Customer SharePoint Portal Software Development and Maintenance functions include at a minimum:
- Developing software solutions by studying requirements analysis and information needs; conferring with customer stakeholders and IT Management; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; performing software design using software development fundamentals and processes, debug, test, and deploying software solutions.
- Design, develop and maintain key components of the software suite using classic ASP, Microsoft
.Net and SharePoint Server 2010 and new 2013.
- Implementation of SharePoint-based workflows as well as development of interactive data-driven dashboards.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Build proof of concept examples or graphical simulation software. Then maintain product test software and demos for training purposes.
- Actively participate in product design reviews by providing creative and practical ideas and solutions in a teamwork environment.
- Modifying key components as required to ensure continued accessibility, functionality and performance in the current environment.
- Provide and support modification of established processes and portal page components for the current SharePoint environment.
- Implement role based automation notification across integrated information tools.
Army Customer SharePoint Portal Administration functions include at a minimum:
- Performs installation, configuration, and maintenance of technologies, software and solutions following established procedures and change control standards.
- Deploys custom developed and third-party SharePoint solution packages.
- Configures SharePoint services and settings.
- Documents SharePoint Portal configuration and architecture.
- Manages site quotas and file size limits for the organization.
- Reviews and monitors usage reports.
- Manages content databases and creating new ones as required.
- Administers and maintains sites and sub-sites.
- Manages security for sites and sub-sites.
- Manages the site layout structure and content.
- Provides SharePoint support to end users.