Fort Eustis, VA
Ad hoc Research is looking for a Logistics management specialist to support the Army Watercraft Communications systems in Fort Eustis, VA.
- At least 1 year of Warehouse Management experience, inventory control, asset management, shipping/receiving management
- Strong leadership and management experience need. Positive attitude and strong character
- Procurement experience
- Ability to operate forklift
- Ability to stand/sit/walk for long periods of time
- Manage operations of warehouse, including: freight, returns, receiving, restock, shipping
- Preparing and reviewing action reports, strategic plans for warehouse operations and planning product movement and storage systems, implement Inventory & Tracking system
- Assist with the procurement process of requesting quotes from Vendors for availability, price, replacement options to lead times etc.
- Researching and identifying replacement parts
- Assist and review plans of warehouse design, product flow and equipment situation
- Work with the inventory team and maintain high levels of accuracy in inventory integrity and daily operations
- Oversee warehouse operations by creating processes for shipping/receiving, inventory, storage and production handling, and inventory management
- Train and cross train employees and conduct annual performance reviews.
- Oversee receiving of product, order selection process and proper loading of trucks
- Coordinate and confer with the upper management regarding the physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts, inspecting equipment and issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Ensure a safe working environment is maintained and that safety policies and procedures are followed.
- Drive Standards through the day by motivating, teaching, and holding team members accountable to known standards and positive reinforcement of the correct behavior
- Shipping, Receiving, Material Handling.
- Must be able to lift up 75 pounds.
- Good organization skills.
- Will be involved in ticketing, pricing, labeling, inventory tracking, customer service, and data entry.
- Filling orders, data entry, and maintaining inventory.
- Computer skills and the use Microsoft Office required.
- Must be able to Operate a fork lift.
- Forklift trained and certified
- Degree is optional
- Secret Clearance is required
- Knowledge and experience in Standard Army Management Information Systems (STAMIS) and Global Combat Support System – Army (GCSS-Army) Information tracking for materials, travel,and labor.
Job Type: Full-time