Augusta, GA 30905
Ad hoc Researchis looking for a Network/Data Engineer RHN-E for the Cyber Battle Lab (CBL) program. The mission of the CBL is to provide overall direction, oversight, vertical and horizontal integration of CO, DODIN-A, and EW activities focused on the development of a Multi-Domain Operations (MDO) Force (2028 – 2035) for the Army as defined by the Army Modernization Strategy (AMS), guided by the Annual Mission Guidance (AMG), and sanctioned by the AFC.
The role is contingent upon award and will be located at Fort Gordon, Georgia.
- On day one, all shall provide verification of DoD 8570.01 / DoD 8140 IAT level II baseline certification requirements (CCNA Security (preferred) or CSA+ or GICSP or GSEC or Security+CE or SSCP) AND computing environment certification (CCNA Security or CCNA R&S). All required certifications must be maintained and updated as needed.
- On day one, at least 2 CME must have certification and provide verification of Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) security or CCNP R&S. On day one, all other Network / Data Engineers in the RHN-E shall provide verification of either (1) CCNP R&S certification; or (2) certificate of completion in CCNP TSHOOT 2015 Video Boot Camp from Udemy. All required certifications must be maintained and updated as needed.
- Network/Data engineers within the RHN-E that also perform System Administration Assistant duties must have on day one certification in A+CE or CCNA-Security or Network+ CE or SSCP or Security+CE (preferred) or other IAT Level II or III certification.
- Have five (5) years’ experience directly related to the position having worked in the field as a network data engineer.
- Experience troubleshooting and configuration of Cisco Routers and Switches, Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Voice-over-IP phones, Cisco ASA security appliances, Promina/IDNX, REDCOM PBX, KIV-7M and TACLANE devices.
- Experience in the installation and operation of DELL Servers, Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS), Patch Panels, Media Converters, Avocent KVM switches, Ethernet/Fiber/Coaxial cables.
- Experience in Cryptographic Key Management.
- Experience in performing preventative maintenance on all hardware as recommended by the equipment vendor specified warranty.
- Obtain and Maintain a Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint).
Must be an effective communicator both verbally and in writing. Most positions require ability to work on a desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time. Computer activities include reading, reviewing and analyzing information, as well as providing recommendations, summaries, and reports in written or verbal format. Additionally, positions require ability to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; as well as speak and hear.
Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local law.