Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21005
We are looking for qualified candidates to develop new websites as well as to maintain and modernize existing websites. The Communications – Electronic Command (CECOM) is in the process of migrating legacy websites to a cloud environment from traditional data centers. Legacy websites will migrate with a hybrid “lift and shift” methodology incorporating cloud modernization where feasible. New website development will be utilizing a “cloud first” approach. Developers will need to be proficient with both server-based and cloud services-based architectures. Developers will be experienced development in all tiers; web, application and data base.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
· Experience working in Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services environment.
· Successful experience using ASP.net and SQL to create database connected websites.
· Substantial experience in designing, building, & implementing software solutions in an agile environment.
· Good understanding of secure web programming practices and security issues as they pertain to web applications.
· Understands the fundamentals of iterative development.
· Understands Continuous Integration/Continuous Development.
· Understands the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in an environment with high visibility and similarly high expectations.
· Collaborative, customer-focused and able to create visible value.
· Excellent communications skills.