Augusta, GA 30905
Ad hoc Research is looking for a Functional Area Expert – Modeling & Simulation (M&S) for the Cyber Battle Lab (CBL) program. The mission of the CBL is to provide overall direction, oversight, vertical and horizontal integration of CO, DODIN-A, and EW activities focused on the development of a Multi-Domain Operations (MDO) Force (2028 – 2035) for the Army as defined by the Army Modernization Strategy (AMS), guided by the Annual Mission Guidance (AMG), and sanctioned by the AFC.
The role will be located at Fort Gordon, Georgia.
- DoD Security Clearance required: TS with SCI eligibility desired.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ exercise, experimentation, or testing and evaluation experience or equivalent operating and utilizing virtual and/or constructive models and simulations for the purposes of modeling and simulating mesh-network across multi-echelon military forces, with experience operating, maintaining and federating models and simulations with other models and simulations as well connecting model and simulation federations with Army Mission Command Information Systems (MCiS) or Joint Command and Control (C2) systems; or –; A minimum of two (2) years’ operational experience or equivalent conducting mesh-network planning and operations, or the operation of virtual or constructive models and simulations to support the modeling and simulation of tactical, operational and strategic military formations and their kinetic capabilities;
- Provide verification of a minimum of four (4) years’ experience and understanding of Army force structure and force modernization efforts;
- Experience with IP Networks, Subnetting, Network Security, Voice over IP, Military Tactical Radios.
- A minimum of four (4) years’ experience with tactical MCiS or equivalent service specific or Joint C2 systems, and their data transmission requirements;
- Provide verification of a minimum of four (4) years’ experience with tactical, operational and/or strategic planning or operating doctrine such as Troop Leading Procedures, the Military Decision Making Process, the Joint Operations Process, Decisive Action or Multi-Domain Operations;
- Proficiency with the Linux operating system and MS Window operating system and associated Office products;
- Advanced writing and presentation speaking skills
Must be an effective communicator both verbally and in writing. Most positions require ability to work on a desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time. Computer activities include reading, reviewing and analyzing information, as well as providing recommendations, summaries, and reports in written or verbal format. Additionally, positions require ability to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; as well as speak and hear.
Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local law.